Caring for Your Silent Partner
The Silent Partner requires very little maintenance. The bearings on all motors are lubricated for life and no electronic adjustment is required. Maintenance consists primarily of the following preventative measures:
1. Remove dirt from inside the machine by reaching inside through the ejection hole and wiping the base with a damp cloth. Remember the machine must be OFF to perform this safely!
2. The propulsion wheels are covered with a rubber dressing that does not require maintenance. Grime from the balls will get deposited on the surface of the wheels, but it is not necessary to remove it. If you wish to clean the surface of the wheels, you can scrub them with the scrubber side of a kitchen sponge, using soap and water or, for a stronger action, using nail polish remover (acetone). Nail polish remover (acetone) is not recommend for use on the wheels of our Classic Ball Machine models.
3. When properly cared for, the internal battery that powers the machine has a life span of 3 to 5 years, after which it needs to be replaced. Care for your battery by stopping play when speed drops, recharging the battery as soon as practical, and keeping it topped up. AC-powered machines do not have an internal battery. In order to prolong the life of your battery it is best to use and recharge them. We suggest turning on your Silent Partner every 2 weeks so that the battery gets drained for a few hours and then recharged. You can see more about battery health here for the Scoop series, and here for the Edge series.
4. The remote's battery needs to be replaced periodically. You may be able to obtain these batteries from specialized battery suppliers, or you can purchase them from the factory.
5. While Silent Partner Ball Machines are lightweight, they are not meant to be lifted by their handle alone.
To protect your Silent Partner from dust and scratches we recommend using a ball machine cover.